CE Certification

CE Boat, CE Marking, CE Certification for all types of US made boats that boat traders import to Europe.We offer a complete service for boat importers or exporters of all US Boats.

  • Notified Body CE Certification throughout Europe, USA, Caribbean and French Polynesia.
  • We have inspectors in Europe, USA and now Saint Martin (FWI)
  • Sound testing in Europe, USA and FWI
  • We can meet and CE your boat in European ports
  • Whether your boat is already in Europe or not yet shipped we can help.

We offer best prices and best service We have agents in the US, FWI and Europe. Certification and shipping for all types of boat. Bowrider, Centre Console, Walkaround, Cruisers, Trawlers, PWC (Jet Ski) any Fishing or Sport Boat.Our prices are the BEST !!!! CE your boat, CE Certification CE Marking to comply with the Recreational Craft Directive (RCD) 94/25/EC as amended by 2003/44/EC

We are appointed by Notified Body to CE your boat. We carry out “post construction assessment” and CE marking or CE Certification on all imported boats, sports boats, cruisers, fishing boats, trawlers.  The associated CE Mark is proof that your American Sport Boat complies with the recreational craft directive (RCD 94/25/EC as amended by 2003/44/EC) Almost all boats imported from outside Europe, predominantly from the USA require CE Certification. We have agents in Europe and the USA and offer a very competitive price and service, we travel anywhere at very reasonable rates, whether you import or export to Europe call us we can help you CE your boat.

Most of US boats imported to Europe, there are very few exceptions, will require the Boat CE Mark and CE Certification. This is a legal requirement in all EU member states and EEA countries. Since January 1st 2006 it has been a legal requirement to have Boat CE certification issued by a notified body. CE Certification is required before the boat is put into service or offered for sale, either privately or trade. Remember if a qualifying boat doesn’t have the CE mark and CE Certification to go with it, it is illegal to use or advertise for sale. Some European countries police the recreational craft directive (RCD) more strictly than others, but even so, the penalties can be severe for using a boat not CE certified.Boat must be physically inspected, and a report compiled outlining the standards used. Motor(s) are also assessed and must be compliant with the recreational craft directive. This may sound frightening but in reality it can be a fairly straightforward exercise. On completion a new CIN (craft identification number) is issued along with the CE Mark and certification.If you are as international boat trader in doubt or require specific information about your boat, or about a boat you are buying please call, there is a very good chance we will have assessed a similar boat and can advise what work is likely to be required, we do not charge for this service.  Usually modifications will include but not be limited to the following:-

  • Extra manually operated or portable bilge pump
  • Battery master switch
  • An automatic fire extinguisher in the engine area
  • Portable fire extinguisher
  • The fuel filler should be labeled “petrol” in the UK or equivalent elsewhere.
  • Non return valves to bilge pump discharge
  • Labeling to indicate other safety aspects.

Some of the boats may require additional work others may require less. We have completed inspections and certification on boats from the following manufacturers:-

  • Aquasport, Baja, Baha, Bayliner, Bluewater, Boston Whaler, Campion, Chaparral, Chris Craft, Correct Craft, Cobalt, Crownline, Doral, Formula, Four Winns, Glasstream, Glastron, Hydrasports, Mako,  Mastercraft, Larson, Mariah, Maxum, Monterey, Nautique, Osprey, Pioneer, Regal, Rinker, Scarab, Sea Ray, Sea Swirl, Seadoo, Seasport, Stingray, Tahoe, Trophy, Tracker, Wellcraft, Yamaha and more .

What do you get?

  • CE Certificate of conformity issued by notified body
  • Declaration of conformity
  • Inspection report
  • CE or Builders plate (the CE mark)
  • CIN plate (craft identification number)
  • Supplement for the owner’s manual
  • Everything to keep you legal

Your boat CE-marking and certification to comply with the recreational craft directive is a legal requirement in the European Union member states and the European Economic Area countries.European Union countries are: • Austria • Belgium • Bulgaria • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Estonia • Finland • France (including French Polynesia, Tahiti, Bora Bora and FWI Martinique, St Martin) • Germany • Greece • Hungary• Iceland • Ireland • Italy • Latvia • Lichtenstein • Lithuania • Luxemburg • Malta • Norway • Poland • Portugal • Romania • Slovakia • Slovenia • Spain • Sweden • The Netherlands • UK. We provide certification service in all these countries as well as USA, Switzerland and Croatia.